Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Big, Bright Light Show...

My mom came down to visit me this past weekend, and we had such a fun time! :)  Upon her arrival on Saturday, we headed out to Rochester to check out "The Big Bright Light Show", which my brother had recommended.  What a cool thing to see!  It's a holiday light display in downtown Rochester.  All of the buildings lining Main Street are adorned with Christmas lights... There are literally 1,500,000 Christmas lights strung up and down the buildings!  It was so bright and colorful! :)

We strolled around Main Street, enjoyed dinner at ROJO Mexican restaurant (YUM!!), wandered through and did some shopping at a mini-German Christmas market we came across, and had fun wine tasting at a local winery downtown.  It was such a fun evening spent with my mom! :)

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out, chatting, chatting some more, and shopping.  I had such a fun time, and I'm already looking forward to our next Mother/Daughter weekend!  Thanks for visiting, Mom!! :)

The Big, Bright Light Show! :)

We ordered guacamole at ROJO... Much to our surprise, this guy came out to our table and made the guacamole in front of us, specifically to our liking... Nice!
There's nothing like fresh guacamole!! :)

Oh how I love guacamole! :)

Mom was very impressed! :)

The Kris Kringle Market...
It was similar to a German Christmas Market in that it sold fresh strudel, hot gluhwein, handmade crafts from Germany, and authentic German foods...
And it was just so festive and fun to wander through! :)

I made a friend! :)

Looking down Main Street... 

Mom strolling down Main Street while enjoying the light show. :)

So pretty! :)

Me and my mom... :)

1 comments:

Team Keefer - Written by Bobbi Keefer

I'm here Kristin and it's working :) Nice blog...where are you living now?

Post a Comment