Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Flower Power!

Being that this is our first full summer back in the States after living abroad for the previous three, I was super excited to get started on planting flowers for our deck, as well as getting my garden back to normal.  So, back in May, I spent one full weekend doing just that.  After spending hours digging, planting, replanting, dumping bags of mulch, putting up a small fence around the garden, and organizing everything just so, until I finally felt satisfied with the results.   All of that hard work definitely paid off, because since then, the plants and garden have really blossomed, making our backyard look and feel like a cheerful little oasis! :)  Now I enjoy sitting on our deck in the morning, drinking a cup of coffee, and soaking up the view of my little oasis! :)

A portion of my deck planters...
Another view of the deck... 
Getting ready to tackle the overgrown garden... Aiyiyi! :)
Vander wandered over to help... 
What a helpful little pup! :)

Apparently it was break time! :) 

The finished product... :)
More pictures coming soon! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment