Sunday, July 15, 2012

Master's Thesis Completed... Check! :)

After we returned to the U.S. last July, I re-enrolled at my university to finish my work on my Master's Degree in Reading.  Prior to moving to Germany, I was about half way through with the program, so once I returned to the States, I planned on finishing up the second half of it so that I could finally complete the degree.  Well, while I was away, the program's organization changed... Meaning that I now have to complete the second half of the program in reverse... Very odd!  So, this past year was spent completing the last two classes required in this program... My literature review class, which leads directly into Master's thesis class... Two very difficult and time consuming classes!

Needless to say, after not being in class for the past three years, getting back into the swing of things was quite challenging! :)  But, after many headaches, lots of stress, tons of tears, a couple of breakdowns :), and two semesters (almost 9 months) of countless hours spent researching and writing, I turned in my completed thesis!! :)  And, I'm happy to report that I passed with flying colors!! YAY! :)  
Let's just say, words cannot express how thoroughly thrilled I am to be done with that project, and the relief I felt after turning it in! :)  

Isn't she pretty?!  All 58 pages, printed and bound! :)
And, in case you're curious... The topic of this paper was on the difference in the educational systems in the U.S. and Germany... A topic very close to my heart! :)
Also, a huge shout out to Steph and Eva for all of your help with this project!! I couldn't have done it without you! :)


Now, only two more classes left (albeit, one class takes place over the course of two semesters this coming school year... bleh!) and I'll officially have my Master's Degree in Reading Education... Woohoo! :)  Can't wait until next May!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment