Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Holiday Recap: The Decorations

Hey all!  I'm currently enjoying Snow Day #2 today, as it's a balmy -9 degrees here today.  However, when you factor in the wind chill, it feels like -34 degrees... Lovely.  If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself...



Needless to say, there's not alot going on today.  I plan on spending the majority of my day snuggled up under my blanket, drinking warm mugs of coffee/hot chocolate, and catching up on a little bit of this and a little bit of that, while listening to the wind howl and blow the snow around outside.  As long as I don't have to step foot outside, I'll be a very happy camper! :)

Since I now have a little extra time on my hands, I figured that I'd try to update my poor neglected blog...  I have so many posts lined up that I can't wait to share... From my birthday trip to see Bon Jovi in Chicago, to tailgating at MSU, to Thanksgiving weekend, as well as all of our holiday shenanigans... There's so much that's happened over the past few months.  And don't forget about all of the Germany recaps I still have left to complete from this past summer... Aiyiyi! ;/  Needless to say, I'll get to all of that as time allows... I promise! :)  So, let's get started... Now that the decorations have been taken down, the presents have been put away, and we've returned to some semblance of normalcy around here, I figured that it was time to do a little holiday recap. :)

It's no surprise to hear me say that I love the holidays.  I love the decorations, the music, the food, being with family and friends, and the happiness and joy it brings... Now, don't get me wrong, the holidays also bring ALOT of stress what with the Christmas shopping and running around like crazy, but even with all of that, I can't help to feel like a kid again when Christmas rolls around. :)  One of my favorite things to do is decorate my house for Christmas.  I love pulling out all of the ornaments and decorations from year to year and remembering where each item came from.  During our time in Germany, we collected many pieces of Christmas decor, so pulling them out each year, brings back so many lovely memories.  This year was no different. :)   Once our house was decorated, I found myself frequently sitting by the glow of the Christmas tree, and enjoying how cozy our house looked with all of the Christmas decorations.  It's truly magical to me. :)  Check it out for yourself...



My Nativity set that my mom has given me.  She buys a new piece for it every year. <3

So pretty! :)

 

Sending out our Christmas cards! :)

Some of the cards we received from close friends and family this holiday season...
Feeling loved. :)

Our German nutcrackers and pyramids...
These make my heart happy! :)

I love this guy! :)

You knew I'd have to have a MSU ornament! :)
And, a little off subject here, have you heard who won the Rose Bowl this year?? ;)

An ornament from my adorable nephew, Kaden...
He painted the inside and then turned his handprint into snowmen.
Can we say adorable?! :)

I love the ornaments on our tree!
Instead of purchasing ornaments to fit a certain theme, we've collected ornaments from our travels, as well as ornaments that represent our interests...
Thus creating a tree that is the perfect representation of our lives. :)

My teaching ornaments and our German "Frohe Weihnacht" ornament.

I purchased this little guy at a Christmas market in Weisbaden, Germany..
They were made by disabled/handicapped people in Germany, and all proceeds went to an organization to help support those individuals. :)


And, of course, I have to get the animals involved...

... much to their dismay! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment