Monday, January 6, 2014

Scenes from a snow day...

Happy Snow Day to me! :)  There are very few positives to living in Michigan during the months of January and February.  The days are typically cold, dreary, cold, gray, cold, snowy, and did I mention, cold?!   However, one of the perks is the fact that we can get snow days.  I'm sure that I speak for every teacher in the midwest when I say this, but we live for the possibility of a snow day during the winter months!  Teachers tend to get just as excited, if not more, than the kids do when it comes to snow days. :)  


Well, Mother Nature did not disappoint this year!  We were supposed to go back to school today after having two weeks off for Christmas vacation.  I was struggling to find the motivation and desire to go back to work after having two weeks off, when Mother Nature decided to give us an extended break.  Now, you have to understand... I'm not a huge fan of snowstorms (especially when they cause me to cancel plans), but if they benefit me and I can get a snow day from them, then I'm all for them! :)  And, let me say, Mother Nature has given us a doozy of a snow storm...  We got about 10 inches overnight in the metro Detroit area (which is something that doesn't happen to often in this part of the state).  And, as if that wasn't enough, we're getting frigid temperatures and wind chills of up to -40 degrees throughout today and tomorrow... It's crazy, I tell ya!  Even though it's not ideal weather for most people, I'm sending Mother Nature a great big thank you! :)  I now plan to thoroughly enjoy this snow day of mine.  Here's a sneak peak at what's happening today in my house (well, after I finish shoveling, of course)...

Overnight accumulations...

Riley's currently curled up on the back of the chair...

I've got my hot cup of coffee in hand...

Vander's snoozing on the floor...

I'm curled up in my new favorite blanket, enjoying some coffee, and surfing the internet...

Ahhhhh... Bliss! ;)

Notice the "Feels Like" temperature of -18?
And it's only going to get colder... Brrrr!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment