Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Lovely Summer Day...

We have been blessed with gorgeous weather throughout our stay in Germany thus far, and we have definitely been making the most of it while we can!  I took complete advantage of the delightfully sunny day this past Monday and headed to the small village of Langenargen for the afternoon.  I hopped on a bike and pedaled the 14 kilometers (28 km round trip) along the scenic bike path to the village of Langenargen, where I proceeded to enjoy my lunch by a castle and spend the afternoon strolling through the village.  It was such a perfectly relaxing afternoon.  On my way home, I spotted a road side stand selling strawberries and picked myself up a carton.  Once home, I sampled my purchase and was amazed at how lusciously delicious they were!!  They literally tasted as if I was biting into a big ball of sunshine... They were outstanding! :)  (Which resulted in me gorging myself with strawberries until I could eat no more... Ooops! :))  Afterwards, I headed back into town to meet Brian and our friends at a local bier garten for drinks before we headed to Uberlingen for a yummy dinner at a besenwirtschaft (These are restaurants/bier gartens that sell food and drinks made from the produce from their farm. They are only open for a couple months of the year.)  I managed to fall asleep that night with the biggest grin on my face, while feeling more relaxed than I have in a very long time.  Overall, it was such a lovely way to spend a summer day.  :)

On my way to Langenargen! :)

I forgot just how pretty the path to Langenargen is!
I loved cycling past the many gardens, orchards, and lush, green fields!
You can't help but to smile as you soak up the view!  :)

Enjoying some lunch by Schloss Montfort (Castle Montfort)...
How often can you say that?! :)

Schloss Montfort...

Downtown Langenargen...

I love the shutters here in Europe! :)

Langenargen is filled with gorgeous floral displays!
It's always been one of my favorite places to visit on the Bodensee...

The Langenargen Maypole...
The Maypoles are erected on May 1st on the main square of virtually every city/town/village in Germany.  There is usually a big celebration.  The different symbols on the Maypoles represents the crafts/trades/industry that are represented in that particular area.   


Side view of the St. Martin Kirche (i.e. church)...
Gorgeous! :)

St. Martin Kirche

The most scrumptious strawberries I've ever tasted! :)

Enjoying drinks with some friends at Lammgarten... :)

While at Lammgarten, the local Musikverien (music groups) were marching down the promenade and playing music to celebrate the 150th  Geburtstag (birthday) of Graf Zeppelin (the creator of the Zeppelin that Friedrichshafen is known for!)...  We were lucky enough to be sitting in the perfect place to be able to watch the celebration! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment