Saturday, July 6, 2013

Feels Good To Be Back! :)

Greetings from Deutschland!!  I'm not quite sure if I mentioned it in my previous posts, but during the month of July, Brian and I will be out of the country... Yep, that's right!  Brian and I are spending 5 weeks in one of our favorite places... Germany! :)  Brian had to come over for training for work, and since I'm a teacher and get my summers off, I decided to tag along and make a holiday out of it!  Ahhh... The joys of being a teacher! :)

We arrived in Friedrichshafen (our previous home of three years) last Saturday and since then we've had a busy week of meeting up with old friends!  It's been such fun to see everyone again! :)  It's amazing at how quickly we re-acclimated to this place and picked right up where we left off!  It sometimes feels as if we never even left. :)  While Brian has been busy at work, I've been spending time with friends and partaking in some of my favorite activities around the area.  I can't describe how happy this makes me! :)  It feels so good to be back!

Here's a little peak at our past week...

Our very sweet welcome to Germany! :)

Our friends organized a suprise "Welcome Back" party for us when we arrived last Saturday!!
It was such fun and so wonderful to see everyone again! :)
We're staying with friends while we're here...
This is their adorable front gate. :)
Coffee with Eva on her balcony... What a view! :)
Der Bodensee... Love it! :)
I don't think I'll ever get tired of this view! :)
Heading to the Scholsskirche...

The Schlosskirche...
I miss walking by this on a daily basis on my way to work. :)

Walking past the many orchards in the area... :)

Drinks at the Beach Club... 

Scenes from my morning jog... Gorgeous! :)

This view never gets old! :)
I adore this cute little house around the bend...
Someday this will be mine. :) 
Enjoying a day at the beach with Denise, Joerg, and the girls... :)

Just another day at the beach... :)
The German and EU flags...
We've fully Americanized them! :)
Getting right back into the swing of things... :)
Finally... Some relaxation! :)

Tiffy was loving her red, white, and blue! :)

I miss the German houses!

4th of July breakfast with some of my favorite Americans! :)
Kim baked a very yummy cake for the occasion! :)

The four of us reunited! :)

Watching Savanna perform in her school play... So cute ! :)

Happy 4th of July!
Enjoying our American style BBQ! :)

Cheers to the red, white, and blue!

We felt very festive with our red, white, and blue straws! :)

Wandering through the local Farmer's Market...
Oh how I've missed this!!

So many flowers!! :)


My favorite bread man!!
This man sells the most delicious breads! :)

Enjoying lunch by the lake... :)

Picturesque Friedrichshafen...
This view never fails to make me smile.  :)

Typical Biergarten... :)

My old path home... :)

Love the orchards!

This is another one of my favorite houses! :)
So charming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment