Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Livin' It Up In Lindau...

Last week, my friend, Tanya, and I headed to the charming town of Lindau for a short day trip.  We wandered through the streets, checked out some of the cute little shops, enjoyed some coffee, chatted it up in the park, and soaked up the gorgeous views.  It never fails... As many times as I've been to Lindau, I'm still awestruck by the picturesque views! :)

I adore this cute little sidewalk cafe...
Love the modern look combined with the rustic, aged wine barrel.  :)


One of the many quaint side streets that can be found throughout the town...

Such charm! :)

Enjoying the views and a chat in the park...

The view of the harbor...
I love this view!! :)


The detail on this building is simply spectacular! :)


A portion of the skyline...
Tanya and I decided that we needed a selfie of us to remember our day...
Our goal was to get the lion and the lighthouse in the background as those are the two most famous landmarks in Lindau...
Needless to say, we failed on our first shot. :)

... And 9 attempts later, we finally got one! :)
After our lovely day in Lindau, Tanya and I headed back to good ole Friedrichshafen to meet up with a wonderful group of fellow English-speaking ladies at Lukullum for the monthly English Stammtisch!  And what a fun time we had! :)  But, apparently when you have this many English speakers in one room in a foreign country, we tend to get a little loud... So loud, in fact, that we were actually asked to leave since we were bothering the other guests... Oops! :)  (Gotta love Germany and their quiet eating habits. :))  Oh well...  It was still great to see all of these lovely ladies that I've missed so much, and it was the perfect end to a fun-filled day!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment